Monday, July 6, 2009

Oh, that familiar feeling!

I had a little trouble sleeping last night. Woke up this morning with that child-like Christmas morning feeling. I know poker in no way compares to birth of Jesus. But, I get sooo excited on the morning of the World Series of Poker main event.

It looks like the economy is going to drag the attendance down a little bit, but I guess it's still worth playing for. I think we'll be right around 6,500 players. Everyone of us has the dream and has "that" feeling - the one where you just know this is your year to be the World Champion.

I can't imagine what that would do to my life. I'm not even sure that I would want to find out. I am sure that I want to play well and go deep. I want to feel the rush of adrenaline when I am allin and trying to have my best hand hold up in a high success situation.

Can I win the main event and then just retire??? That would be the perfect option. I could be the World Champ just kicking around the pool in the back yard in Lewisville, Texas. Went out on top - walked away from the fame and further fortune.

Well, let's go find out..... I hope I don't get a lump of coal!!!


PS: I can't believe I forgot to mention what a great time I had with my wife in Vegas yesterday. If you ever get the chance and can put up with a little bad language, you should definitely go see Wayne Brady. That man is so talented I think I developed a man-crush.

1 comment:

  1. I think mancrushes are good for the soul. Wayne Brady is a good one to crush on.

    ReplyDelete